When a student withdraws after completing at least one assignment but less than 50 percent of the graded assignments, Axon will retain the Compliance Fee, the Registration Fee, plus a percentage of the program tuition paid by the student with the following schedule:
90% refund for students who have completed up to 10% of assignments
75% refund for students who have completed more than 10% and up to 25% of assignments
50% refund for students who have completed more than 25% and up to 50% of assignments
0% refund for students who have completed more than 50% of assignments
Refunds are not available to students who have been issued written notice indicating that the student is in jeopardy of receiving a failing grade for any reason.
If a Momentum Ratio (engagement ratio) is being calculated for the course, students who have fallen below 75% Momentum Ratio are not eligible for any refund of tuition.
A full refund of all tuition and fees is due to students in each of the following cases:
(1) an enrollee is not accepted by the school
(2) the program of instruction is discontinued by the school, and this prevents the student from completing the program; or
(3) the student’s enrollment was procured as a result of any misrepresentation in advertising, promotional materials of the school, or misrepresentations by the owner or representatives of the school.
Sample Refund Calculation:
A student enrolls in a program that costs $1,650.00, of which $1,375.00 is tuition cost.
The student withdraws more than five days after completing an Enrollment Agreement, and has completed 25 of 300 total assignments, which is 8.3% of the total assignments.
Because the student has completed more than one assignment, but less than 10% of the total assignments, the student is eligible to receive a 90% tuition refund.
$1,375.00 x 90% = $1,237.50
The student will receive a refund of $1,237.50.
The institution will retain $200.00 for the non-refundable Registration Fee, and $75.00 for the non-refundable Application Fee.
Refund Policy for Students Called to Active Military Service:
A student of the school who withdraws from the school as a result of the student being called to active duty in a military service of the United States or the Texas National Guard may elect one of the following options for each program in which the student is enrolled:
(1) if tuition and fees are collected in advance of the withdrawal, a pro rata refund will be given of any tuition, fees, or other charges paid by the student for the program and a cancellation of any unpaid tuition, fees, or other charges owed by the student for the portion of the program the student does not complete following withdrawal;
(2) a grade of incomplete for the courses in the program, other than courses for which the student has previously received a grade on the student’s transcript, and the right to re-enroll in the program, or a substantially equivalent program if that program is no longer available, not later than the first anniversary of the date the student is discharged from active military duty without payment of additional tuition, fees, or other charges for the program other than any previously unpaid balance of the original tuition, fees, and charges for books for the program; or
(3) the assignment of an appropriate final grade or credit for the courses in the program, but only if the instructor or instructors of the program determine that the student has satisfactorily completed at least 90 percent of the required coursework for the program; and demonstrated sufficient mastery of the program material to receive credit for completing the program.